With the onset of extreme temperatures, please keep in mind that the Chicago Department of Family and Support Services (DFSS) will assist all Chicago residents in need of assistance, including people experiencing homelessness. Anyone seeking assistance is encouraged to call 311 to:
- Locate a Warming Center near you
- Request a well-being check for someone who may be suffering from extreme weather
- Report inadequate heat in a residential building
- Learn about programs that assist with home heating costs
- Connect to shelter and supportive services
Click here for additional information.