January 26, 2021 Status Update for Senior Sewer Rebate Program
• The Office of the City Clerk no longer functions as the intake office for receipt of eligible first-time applicants and renewals. Instead, the Department of Finance’s Utility Billing & Customer Service Division processes the applications, as noted below.
• The yearly renewal form requires the claimant to provide a copy of their government issued identification and a recent property tax bill for verification purposes.
• To simplify the application process, the Senior Rebate for multi-unit buildings and the Senior Exemption for single-family homes use the same application form and require the same documentation. The property type determines for which program the senior is eligible.
• Renewal letters have been mailed to those who received the rebate in 2020.
Current information and application forms can be accessed online:
1. Visit www.chicago.gov/utilitybill
2. Click Utility Charge Exemptions & Rebates
Senior citizens with questions concerning the Sewer Rebate program should be directed to 312-744-4426 or email@example.com.
About the Sewer Rebate Program
Pursuant to Section 3-12-050 of the Municipal Code, people 65 years of age or older who own and occupy as their principal place of residence, a townhouse, condominium unit or cooperative apartment that shares a common water bill are eligible for a $50.00 annual refund. This is separate from the Senior Sewer Exemption for single family homeowners
City of Chicago, Department of Finance
P.O. Box 6330
Chicago, Illinois 60680-6330
Or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org