Residents Can Get FREE Legal Advice from The Chicago Bar Association
This Saturday, November 19, 2022
Attorneys with The Chicago Bar Association’s Call-A-Lawyer Program are ready and available to take calls from the public and offer brief legal advice on Saturday, November 19. The CBA is here to help as part of an ongoing legal public service program.
Calls will be accepted on November 19 from 9 a.m. to noon at (312) 554-2001.
Residents can call in and briefly explain their situation to an attorney who will then work to suggest self-help strategies or provide advice to help resolve their issues. If callers need further legal services or have questions beyond the scope of the attorney’s practice area, they will be advised to contact the CBA Lawyer Referral Service during the week for a referral to an attorney in the appropriate area of law.
The CBA’s Lawyer Referral Service has more than 200 prescreened, qualified lawyers experienced in almost every area of law that offers their services to the public. When contacting the LRS during normal business hours Monday through Friday, callers can be referred to attorneys practicing in numerous areas of law including:
- Domestic Relations – including divorce, custody, support, and other family law matters.
- Personal Injury – including auto accidents, slip and falls, product liability, wrongful death, malpractice, and other types of injury cases.
- Estate Planning – including will and trust drafting, probate, and will contest.
- Real Estate – including buying or selling real estate, foreclosure defense and landlord/tenant issues.
- Employment Law – including wrongful termination, harassment, and discrimination.
To reach a lawyer after normal business hours, the CBA offers an On-Call service that provides callers access to attorneys in three different areas of law. You can reach a lawyer 24/7 for help with criminal defense, personal injury and family law matters by calling (312) 554-2001 or visiting www.lrs.chicagobar.org.