We know the holiday season this year will be a difficult time for many this year, but with Halloween this week, it is important for everyone to make a plan for how to celebrate safely in the time of COVID-19.
CHICAGO’S EIGHT HALLOWEEK GUIDELINES
- Masks aren’t just for trick-or-treaters this year! Everyone-including candy givers-should wear a face covering (multi-layered, covering the mouth and nose, without gaps around the face).
- Leave a light on or hang a Halloweek sign in your window to let others know your house is giving out candy safely.
- Handing out candy? Please socially distance and have hand sanitizer, too.
- Trick or treating? Stay on the move! Less congregating means more houses and more candy.
- Ensure there’s all treats and no tricks. Please don’t reach into candy bowls while trick or treating, and eat candy only at home after washing your hands.
- No Haunted Houses. They are truly spooky and dangerous this year.
- Keep your candy crew small. Trick-or-treating groups should be 6 people or less.
- No house parties large or small this year.
Thank you for taking the steps to celebrate safely! Let’s make a plan and keep everyone safe, and happy Halloween!