The brand new Gill Park playlot is open to the public! Alderman Cappleman, First Lady Amy Rule, the Park District and Cubs Charities held a ribbon cutting on October 3, 2018 at the park, 825 W. Sheridan, and the revamped playlot looks simply amazing!
The new playground features:
- Varied terrain, including brightly colored, poured-in-place rubber and artificial turf climbing mounds;
- Maze columns;
- 4 new slides, including a rail slide;
- 6 new swings (three belt swings, two tot swings and one ADA swing)
- A multi-deck play structure with monkey bars;
- A “parkour” play structure;
- Play house;
- Balance posts, balance beams and a spinner seat;
- Nature play elements including log beams, log stumps and upside down trees.
The area around the playlot also received upgrades, with a new four-foot ornamental fence and gate, outcropping stone seating areas and a picnic table.
We owe a big thanks to community members, including Alan Bell, who fundraised for years to make this project a reality. 46th Ward menu funds and donations from Cubs Charities also made this project possible.
Alderman Cappleman was so excited to unveil this engaging new space that not only serves as a gathering place for families, but also beautifies the community.