I am excited to announce that my office will be in person Monday through Thursday the week of June 21st, and begin in-person work Monday through Friday starting June 28th. We are all looking forward to helping our constituents face to face along with over the phone and email! To ensure the safety of all our constituents, we are requiring all constituents, vaccinated or not, to wear a mask while in our office. Due to the limited space in our office, we are only allowing a small number of constituents inside the office at one time. Constituents will be let into the office by a staffer only if they are wearing a mask, and may be asked to wait outside if there are already a maximum number of constituents in the office.
The city of Chicago has now moved to Phase 5, Cautiously Reopening. This means that most COVID-19 regulations have been lifted. However, masks will still be required for all individuals, whether or not fully vaccinated, at the following locations:
- on public transportation, including CTA, Metra, Pace, taxis, liveries, and ride-hail services
- in congregate facilities such as correctional centers and homeless shelters
- in schools, daycare settings, and educational institutions
- in health care settings, and where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance
- Note that businesses reserve the right to set their own regulations regarding masks, social distancing, capacity limits, and provided services
As a reminder, you are fully vaccinated two weeks after your final vaccine shot. You can find out more about the new reopening guidelines here.
You can find out more about Chicago’s reopening plans, including guidelines for businesses, here.