Date(s): Monday, March 14 to Saturday, April 30, 2022Location:
- The alley behind 4352-4364 N. Kenmore Avenue
- W. Montrose Avenue under the CTA Tracks
Work Hours: 7am – 7pm weekdays; potential weekend workWork Activity: Lead Abatement and Painting Local Impact:
- Crews will work south to north creating rolling blockages in the alley during stated work hours.
- Access to garages and parking spaces will be maintained from the alley entrance at W. Buena Avenue.
- The contractor will maintain garbage and recycling pickup.
- There will be traffic lane shifts within the work zone on W. Montrose Avenue until the work activity is completed.
- Sidewalk closures within the work zone on W. Montrose Avenue will alternate between the south and north sides of the street.
- Crews will abate the CTA structure, using the following tools, some of which will produce noise:
- Containment covers
- Portable generator and air compressor
- Power tools
- A specialized vacuum
- Environmental monitoring equipment
- Crews will collect paint chips, debris and dust and dispose pursuant to Illinois EPA Guidelines for Hazardous Waste.